Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Sausages & Eggs


Every Monday my parents are not at home and when I don't have to go to class, I can will either get takeouts or cook something simple for dinner. Simple for me means making a satisfying meal with minimal work done. It also means that I will cook haphazardly and use whatever it is that I can find in the fridge. This past Monday, I found some sausages in the fridge and some potatoes in the kitchen so naturally I put one and one together to make a simple yet satisfying meal of Sausages & Eggs.

I remember when I was young, my parents would bring us out for western dinner on special occasions and in those times, western always mean Sausages & Eggs, Fish & Chips and Campbell Mushroom Soup. All of us will eat happily and feel so privileged to have western food. Fast forward to today and western food is not as simple as old times. However Sausages & Eggs still brings comfort to me especially on a blue Monday.


I made my special Bacon Potatoes today which is my Brother's favourite way to eat potatoes. Just listening to the sound of the sizzling potatoes in the oven and the heavenly aroma that fills the whole house while you prepare the rest of the stuff makes me happy. It's a bit more fancy than the regular fries we always have with the sausages but oh so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...