Monday, September 17, 2012

Buzzy Beetle Bento


It's Sunday again and what does that mean?? Bento time of course!! Today I made a sushi beetle bento with sides of gyoza and fried fritters with sweet sauce. The beetle is my first attempt at making panda sushi that went horribly wrong. So in the end I made them into a beetle instead.

Today it seems that everything that can go wrong went wrong. Other than my freak panda turned beetle sushi, I discovered at the last minute that my mom had used the cabbage that I bought for my gyoza for something else so in the end I made my gyoza with onions instead.

How to Wrap Gyoza


Gyoza is quite easy to make. Use store bought gyoza skin, put the filling on one side of the circle and wet the sides with water. Then fold up and press only the centre to seal. Then fold one side of the gyoza skin towards the centre and press to seal. Do the same on the other side. The folds on both sides should face the centre as below. Then its done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...